Monday, June 4, 2007

Things are goin good.

Skipped a day of posting and I definately have things to show for it. Added to the features list are:

VBO creation, DrawCall Creation, Material Sorting, and officially Cascaded Shadow Mapping

With the vbo's and material sorting I now have 80 houses in the scene with shadows with out a noticeable decrease in performance. I am consistently getting 25-30 frames per second and after much testing and trouble shooting I believe it is caused by v-sync and I am looking into it.

VBO's: all static geometry gets loaded into a vertex buffer and new indices are created. this buffer gets activated once after it is created to minimize data movement.

Material sorting: geometry chunks are now organized so that each material only gets activated once. Currently this means each shader/textures combo gets activated once per pass.

Cascaded Shadow Mapping: My shaders have been upgraded to now process the 3 cascaded shadow maps. There is some flickering with the largest shadow map but I believe after a more optimal projection is created it will be reduced significantly.

No comments: